Monday, August 2, 2010

Holding e-hands

I'm beginning to add other blogs & resources to my Google Reader in an attempt to learn as much as I possibly can as we go green around here. Turns out there are a bazillion and one (or so) green mom blogs out there. This exciting in that I have a wealth of resources to draw from. It's discouraging in that every time I find some new exciting tip or piece of information, it seems like I'm behind on the learning curve.

When I moved out of my parents' house at 18, I knew nothing. I remember one time I called my mom to ask her how to make hot dogs on the stove, because I didn't know how. I couldn't cook anything. I remember her laughing as she told me to put water in the pot, put the hot dogs in the pot, and boil for 3 minutes or so. That story gets told every now and then at family gatherings, and usually it highlights how far I've come.

Anyway, this journey to greenness feels similar. There's so much I don't know...and posting it for the world to see is more than a little humbling. Still, I'm hoping there are other people out there who would benefit from my inexperience.

On that note, there is a group of green bloggin' mamas out there and I'm learning to network with them, so I'm  beginning to follow them, and hopefully have some of them follow me to guide me along. One day it would be great to look back at me and my giant bins of trash and laugh at how far I've come.


No comments:

Post a Comment