Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lasagna recipe

Last night we had another meatless dinner. This one was an old standby, super simple.

Lasagna

12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 jars spaghetti sauce
30 oz ricotta
2 c. mozzarella
2 eggs

Mix 1 cup of mozzarella with ricotta & eggs.

Layers (from bottom up):
1c sauce
4 noodles
1c sauce
1/2 of the cheese mixture
4 noodles
1c sauce
1/2 of cheese mixture
2c sauce

Bake 1 hour, top with remaining mozzarella, bake 10 min. more.


Next time I can buy the noodles from the bulk bins, which will cut down on the little bit of packaging. I saved the ricotta tub in my new "bag of containers & things I can reuse". So very low waste. Too bad I have to run the oven for an hour.

I'm beginning research on making my own baby food. More emotional food issues with that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment